Software Engineer (Enterprise Integration/Data Transformation)
Location: Southampton UK, Office based at least 1 day a week (remote working optional)
Salary: Average salary expected £35,000 – £48,000 depending on experience
Senseye is an exciting and rapidly expanding start up in the field of condition monitoring and prognostics. We are developing a cutting-edge cloud product to provide scalable prognostics and advanced condition monitoring to the manufacturing sector. Our team of engineers consist of software engineers, data scientists, UI experts, physicists, and mechanical engineers. Following successful investment funding and strong traction from large multi-national clients, we are looking to expand the engineering team.
We are seeking ambitious and versatile software developer with an interest in data transformation, enterprise integration and building data pipelines to support the on-boarding of new client data into the system. You should be comfortable in handling a diverse range of data and be looking for a challenge that leverages the Industrial Internet of Things and Industry 4.0. You will be joining us on our journey developing a best in class product that is exploiting the recent step change in automation and machine intelligence.
If you are looking to take the next step in a company that continues to grow and expand then this is an excellent, exciting opportunity for someone who already has experience in Data Integration and transformation working with cloud-based product. The role comes with a competitive basic salary and excellent benefits.
- Node experience as you will be testing, debugging and producing performance reports.
- Experience building data integration and ETL processes minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Some customer facing and helping them integrate with our system to achieve the full benefits.
- Direct experience with the building blocks of scalable cloud systems: Linux, Docker containers and service orientated architecture.
- Experience using Linux /Unix command line and shell scripting
- Experience building complex applications (i.e. ETL pipelines) with modern best practices (e.g. test-driven development, continuous deployment, code reviews) minimum 2 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of software engineering principles: object-orientated design, distributed computing
- Comfortable in a culture of fast iteration, ability to learn fast, multi-tasking due to overlap in technical skillsets.
- Able to translate requirements into designs and technical solutions coming from the Client On-Boarding Support Manager.
- Excellent analytical skills with a detailed approach to problem solving
- Good understanding of Cloudbased platforms, AWS technology.
- Our ETL processes is developed in Node and Typescript and deployed in Docker containers. It receives and sends data via S3 and SQS
- The main product Backend is predominantly Golang, so opportunities to develop additional skills over time.
- Mongo, Redis
- Microservice architecture
- AWS and AZURE hosted
- Docker + ECS orchestration
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible leave structure
- Start-up vibe – autonomy, trust and excellence
- Dedicated time to give back to the open source community
- Opportunity to learn and develop skills from a mature team of colleagues
- As a fast-growing company, there are opportunities for an ambitious and driven individual to progress their career and be able to make a difference
Sound fun? Come on and have a chat with us…
|Salary||£35,000 - £48,000|
|Remote Working (UK)||Optional|