Pre-Sales Engineer / Solutions Architect – Manufacturing Software (UK)
Start Date: November 2018
Remuneration: £40k to £80k (depending on experience) + OTE + benefits
Location: UK + European travel
HQ: Southampton, UK.
Who are we:
Working with a well-backed, high-growth software company pioneering the adoption of its powerful machine-learning predictive maintenance product into the manufacturing sector.
The cutting-edge cloud-based product provides truly scalable prognostics and advanced condition monitoring analysis automatically without the need for expert manual analysis. Due to continued high growth, plans for future fund raising and strong client traction, the company is seeking to engage a Pre-Sales Engineer with a proven track record in the manufacturing and industrial sectors, to help accelerate growth and working closely with the sales team, secure the company’s position as the market leader.
Over the next two years, the company has ambitious plans which the selected Pre-Sales Engineer will be passionate about realising.
This a home or office-based role though you will be expected to travel to the office in the UK invariably and spend a reasonable proportion of your time with clients in and outside of the UK. This role is a Senior role where you will be given considerable freedom and autonomy to grow the role as you see fit. You will report directly to the head of sales and work with sales and marketing colleagues. As the company continues to grow and expand, there will be exciting future promotion opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work as an integral part of the Sales team providing support for the sales function within the business, which includes technical qualification, solution design, bid support and delivering client solutions
- Determine, articulate and document the technical scope and costs of sales opportunities
- Work closely with the Product Management and Development teams to ensure current and future customer needs are met
- Attend external pre-sales meetings with the account management team and client to provide technical representation and help identify technical solutions for client needs
- Build and promote strong, consultative and long-lasting customer relationships
- Embody company culture
Key experience include:
- Educated to a strong degree level or equivalent
- Having experience of the manufacturing and industrial sectors
- Having a proven track record of technical pre-sales activities in selling B2B software to large multi-nationals
- Familiar with micro-services architectures and cloud-based software products
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Having a strong business sense, industry expertise and entrepreneurial attitude
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; positive and enthusiastic
- Familiar with Software as a Service business models
- Familiar with Industry 4.0 and the Industrial IoT (desirable)
- Familiar with factory floor automation (desirable)
- Familiar with condition monitoring technologies (desirable)
Benefits working with us:
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible annual leave
- Startup vibe – autonomy, trust and excellence
Sounds like fun? Then please apply by submitting a CV & Cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Salary||40,000 - 80,000|
|Office or Remote||Yes|