Research Data Scientist
Research Data Scientist
Salary Range: £50,000 upto £70,000
Location: remote-first UK only, headquartered in Southampton, UK.
Must Have : Right to work in the UK / Based in the UK
Who are we?
Senseye is a high-growth startup pioneering automated predictive maintenance in the manufacturing sector. We provide a cloud-based service and consumer-grade web application underpinned by cutting-edge analytics.
The Senseye Research team is a group of physicists and computer scientists responsible for the concepts and machine-learning algorithms that underpin our product. We work closely with other teams (Product, Design, Engineering and non-research Data Scientists) to deliver high-quality functionality and an elegant user experience.
Our core algorithms are designed to extract insights from streaming time series data by processing this data in light of contextual information relating to machine structure/behavior and user interactions with the application.
We have a high-performing analytics stack, built from proprietary and open-source algorithms, that routinely processes very large quantities of time series data. Nevertheless, we are still near the beginning, and there is much more we can do with our data. We are looking for a smart, energetic data scientist to help us realise this potential.
- Work as part of the Senseye Research team to develop new concepts and algorithms for the application.
- Ability to write clear, idiomatic, well-documented and well-tested Python.
- Ability to think insightfully and creatively
- Thorough understanding of modern statistical, machine learning and mathematical techniques.
- Experience working in a commercial environment.
- Ability to liaise across the business with engineers, designers, delivery engineers and others.
- Liaise with other teams to help ensure we have a seamless, integrated product that delights our users.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excited by hard problems.
- PhD in a technical subject is preferred.
- Proficient in Python.
- Experience analysing time series data would be advantageous.
- Flexible working (we are a remote-first company).
- Generous leave (25 days, increasing with tenure).
- Huge opportunities for learning and professional growth.
- Bonusly employee reward scheme.
- Great startup culture.
- Hack days.
How to apply
Dates of Interviews are:
To apply please email hello@senseye with a full cover note and CV. You must be based in the UK and have the right to work legally in the UK.
Due to the volume of potential applications, if you have not heard from us by 9th December 2022, I am sorry you were unsuccessful in being shortlisted.
Process of Interviewing
If successful you are invited remotely for a Stage 1 Interview which is around 30-40 mins if you are successful you are then invited to a Stage 2 interview which is more formal with presentations etc and is around 1 hr.
|Job Category||Data Scientist|
|Salary||£50,000 - £70,000|
|Right to Work||Yes|